Forum

Basketballiscool  

RSS

blair
Eminent Member
19/05/2017 8:56 pm  

basketballiscool

Chinese Basketball Association - Wikipedia

Women's basketball development was more structured than that for men in the early years. In 1905, the Executive Committee on Basket Ball Rules (National Women's Basketball Committee) was created by the American Physical Education Association. These rules called for six to nine players per team and 11 officials. The International Women's Sports Federation included a women's basketball competition. 37 women's high school varsity basketball or state tournaments were held by 1925. And in 1926, the Amateur Athletic Union backed the first national women's basketball championship, complete with men's rules. The Edmonton Grads, a touring Canadian women's team based in Edmonton, Alberta, operated between 1915 and 1940. The Grads toured all over North America, and were exceptionally successful. They posted a record of 522 wins and only 20 losses over that span, as they met any team that wanted to challenge them, funding their tours from gate receipts. The Grads also shone on several exhibition trips to Europe, and won four consecutive exhibition Olympics tournaments, in 1924, 1928, 1932, and 1936; however, women's basketball was not an official Olympic sport until 1976. The Grads' players were unpaid, and had to remain single. The Grads' style focused on team play, without overly emphasizing skills of individual players. The first women's AAU All-America team was chosen in 1929. Women's industrial leagues sprang up throughout the United States, producing famous athletes, including Babe Didrikson of the Golden Cyclones, and the All American Red Heads Team, which competed against men's teams, using men's rules. By 1938, the women's national championship changed from a three-court game to two-court game with six players per team.

Basketball Sniper - Android Apps on Google Play

When dribbling past an opponent, the dribbler should dribble with the hand farthest from the opponent, making it more difficult for the defensive player to get to the ball. It is therefore important for a player to be able to dribble competently with both hands.

Basketball - Wikipedia

There is a second category of fouls called technical fouls, which may be charged for various rules violations including failure to properly record a player in the scorebook, or for unsportsmanlike conduct. These infractions result in one or two free throws, which may be taken by any of the five players on the court at the time. Repeated incidents can result in disqualification. A blatant foul involving physical contact that is either excessive or unnecessary is called an intentional foul (flagrant foul in the NBA). In FIBA, a foul resulting in ejection is called a disqualifying foul, while in leagues other than the NBA, such a foul is referred to as flagrant.

SofaScore livescore provides you with NBA league live scores, results, tables, statistics, fixtures, standings and previous results by quarters, halftime or final result. With SofaScore livescore for basketball at SofaScore.com you can follow live results by quarters, tables, statisics, fixtures and many more in real time from more than 70 basket leagues like NCAA, ABA League, Baltic league, Euroleague, national basketball leagues. On SofaScore livescore you can also follow live scores, tables and fixtures of big international basket tournaments like FIBA Basketball World Cup, Euro Cup and EuroBasket. Live results for basketball on SofaScore.com livescore are updated automatically, so you don't have to refresh it to see all the results. With adding basket games you want to follow in favorites, you can follow them much easier and there is also an option for live stream. Don't miss live results from Italy, Greece, Turkey, Russia, or other European basketball leagues anymore.

A team can score a field goal by shooting the ball through the basket being defended by the opposition team during regular play. A field goal scores three points for the shooting team if the player shoots from behind the three-point line, and two points if shot from in front of the line. A team can also score via free throws, which are worth one point, after the other team is assessed with certain fouls. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins, but additional time (overtime) is mandated when the score is tied at the end of regulation. The ball can be advanced on the court by passing it to a teammate, or by bouncing it while walking or running (dribbling). It is a violation to lift, or drag, one's pivot foot without dribbling the ball, to carry it, or to hold the ball with both hands then resume dribbling.

First, make sure your phone's Bluetooth is switched on. Next, check to see if the Wilson X app is open. Then aggressively spin the ball high into the air. It may help to put your phone down, so you have both hands free to spin your ball. If the ball doesn’t connect on your first re-try, close out of the app, re-launch and repeat. If the problem continues, contact our Wilson product experts at 1-800-874-5930.

No, LaVar Ball will not stop talking. Not until it gets him and his family everything they want, starting with oldest son Lonzo in a Lakers uniform.

While the amount of data used varies by how much you play, the Wilson X app is designed to exchange minimal data between the app and the cloud. If you’d like to limit your data usage even more, you can always activate airplane mode after you’ve logged in.

Basket interference, or goaltending is a violation charged when a player illegally interferes with a shot. This violation is incurred when a player touches the ball on its downward trajectory to the basket, unless it is obvious that the ball has no chance of entering the basket, if a player touches the ball while it is in the rim, or in the area extended upwards from the basket, or if a player reaches through the basket to interfere with the shot. When a defensive player is charged with goaltending, the basket is awarded. If an offensive player commits the infraction, the basket is cancelled. In either case possession of the ball is turned over to the defensive team.

Unfortunately your browser does not hava JavaScript capabilities which are required to exploit full functionality of our site. This could be the result of two possible scenarios: You are using an old web browser, in which case you should upgrade it to a newer version. We recommend the latest version of Firefox. You have disabled JavaScript in you browser, in which case you will have to enable it to properly use our site. Learn how to enable JavaScript.

We have a lot of young players who are hungry to improve and prove they deserve a spot in the senior team. This makes training competitive and, coupled with the fast style of basketball the coaches are implementing, it's fun to be involved. There's a positive atmosphere and an understanding of where we are at now and where we want to be. Hopefully as we continue to train hard as a group, and away from camps individually, we will start to see things come together on court.

Dribble, shoot and score with our range of basketballs, you can be sure to find the hoop with one of these basketballs . We've got huge savings on some of the biggest names in sport including Nike and adidas.

Now available across all sports and selected markets, if one leg of your five fold accumulator lets you down, then we'll give you your stake back as a free bet. Just remember that minimum odds of 1/5 for each selection will apply on selected leagues.

4 training games. Because Clutch Doesn’t Just Happen. Free Range Stop and pop from 15 feet, fade away from the corner or shoot from beyond the arc. Free Range is the ultimate shoot-around tracker. Watch Free Range VideoFree Throw Practice makes perfect espeically from the line. Work on your routine while the Wilson X app keeps track of your makes, misses and lifetime shooting percentage. Watch Free Throw VideoBuzzer Beater Can you nail the final shot under pressure as the clock counts down? Made shots add more time. Miss, and the clock keeps ticking. Watch Buzzer Beater VideoGametime You're the star player leading your team against a virtual opponent in this real game simulation. Do you have what it takes to hit your shots and nail your free throws down the stretch? Watch Gametime Video

EuroBasket Finals (the European Basketball Tournament) is Europe's top international competition. Taking place every two years, it sees 24 European nations battling it out on the courts to find Europe's basketball champions! And this year we can follow the GB men’s team, they have qualified for the finals and will play Belgium, Turkey, Latvia, Serbia and Russia. The tournament starts on 31 August and ends in Istanbul on 17 September 2017.

basketballs Dribble, shoot and score with our range of basketballs, you can be sure to find the hoop with one of these basketballs . We've got huge savings on some of the biggest names in sport including Nike and adidas.

everything basketball categories everything basketball clothing footwear jerseys basketballs hoops SHOP NOW SHOP NOW basketball jerseys Whoever your support, whether it be the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat or LA Lakers, we've got a great selection of NBA basketball jerseys for you to take a look through. We also stock a selection of basketball jerseys from big brands such as adidas. SHOP NOW basketball footwear When it comes to basketball shoes, check out our huge range, we've got a basketball trainer for any player, whether you're slam dunking in the gym or practising at the local park. Our basketball trainers offer special support and cushioning in the sole so that you can keep a spring in your step. Sporting some of the biggest names including, adidas and Nike. SHOP NOW basketball clothing From NBA jerseys to warm-up jackets, we've got a massive selection of quality basketball clothing for everyone. Whether you need basketball shorts, training t shirts or basketball outerwear clothing, we have a great range from big names such as Nike, adidas and Everlast. SHOP NOW basketballs Dribble, shoot and score with our range of basketballs, you can be sure to find the hoop with one of these basketballs . We've got huge savings on some of the biggest names in sport including Nike and adidas.

After a team has committed a specified number of fouls, the other team is said to be "in the bonus". On scoreboards, this is usually signified with an indicator light reading "Bonus" or "Penalty" with an illuminated directional arrow or dot indicating that team is to receive free throws when fouled by the opposing team. (Some scoreboards also indicate the number of fouls committed.)

Whoever your support, whether it be the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat or LA Lakers, we've got a great selection of NBA basketball jerseys for you to take a look through. We also stock a selection of basketball jerseys from big brands such as adidas.

How Lonzo and LaVar Ball figured out how to get -- and keep -- our attentionNo, LaVar Ball will not stop talking. Not until it gets him and his family everything they want, starting with oldest son Lonzo in a Lakers uniform.

The peach baskets were used until 1906 when they were finally replaced by metal hoops with backboards. A further change was soon made, so the ball merely passed through. Whenever a person got the ball in the basket, his team would gain a point. Whichever team got the most points won the game. The baskets were originally nailed to the mezzanine balcony of the playing court, but this proved impractical when spectators in the balcony began to interfere with shots. The backboard was introduced to prevent this interference; it had the additional effect of allowing rebound shots. Naismith's handwritten diaries, discovered by his granddaughter in early 2006, indicate that he was nervous about the new game he had invented, which incorporated rules from a children's game called "Duck on a Rock", as many had failed before it.

British Basketball Chief Executive, Lisa Wainwright, commented “We are delighted to be able to announce such an attractive game as part of the build-up to EuroBasket for our Senior Men. We look forward to welcoming basketball fans from around the country, and hopefully visitors from Greece, to the Copper Box Arena in August, which is a terrific venue for fans to get close to the action.”

Frequently asked questionsGetting StartedHow do I connect my ball to my phone for the first time?Make sure your Bluetooth is on. Then open the Wilson X app. It will guide you through the connection process by telling you to spin the ball aggressively 10 feet in the air and selecting your ball from the available ball list. After a successful connection, a red basketball icon will appear on your screen.What if my ball won't connect with the app?First, make sure your phone's Bluetooth is switched on. Next, check to see if the Wilson X app is open. Then aggressively spin the ball high into the air. It may help to put your phone down, so you have both hands free to spin your ball. If the ball doesn’t connect on your first re-try, close out of the app, re-launch and repeat. If the problem continues, contact our Wilson product experts at 1-800-874-5930.PlayingWhat kind of hoop works best with Wilson X?For the best shot tracking results, the ideal hoop is an indoor or outdoor 10-foot regulation goal with a long, tight net and rigid backboard and rim. Less than regulation hoops will result in slightly lower shot tracking accuracy.Why doesn’t the Wilson X track layups, dunks or other shots less than 7 feet?The Connected Basketball is a shooter’s ball and is designed specifically to help players improve their short, mid-range and long-range shooting.Can I play outside and inside?You sure can. The Connected Basketball works on any regulation 10-foot hoop with a net, so you can work on becoming your team’s go-to player virtually anywhere.Will I need to reconnect my Wilson X ball every time I use it?Yes. The first time you use the ball, you’ll need to connect it with your phone, so it recognizes it. After that, you’ll reconnect it to “wake it” from hibernation mode, which the ball employs to save power between shooting sessions.Can I play Wilson X in a team game?The Connected Basketball is game-ready, but is designed to track a single player’s shots when connected to the Wilson X app. To keep your personal shot data from mixing in with other shooters’, it’s recommended to use the ball and app during solo training sessions only.Can I play without the sound?Absolutely. Just go to the settings tab and turn off the sound option. And if you want to listen to your music while you’re shooting to really get in rhythm, that’s also an option.Can I correct the app if it misreads my make/miss?Not right now but that’s in the works for a future app update.Why isn’t the ball tracking my shot?Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is switched on and your ball is connected to your phone before taking a shot. Also, Wilson X is designed to track standard shots with proper rotation and arc – trick shots, passes and dribbles aren’t tracked. If your shots still aren’t registering, close out the app and restart. If the problem continues, call our Wilson product experts at 1-800-874-5930.Will the product work with Bluetooth headphones or speakers?Yes, but we recommend wired headphones and speakers because the basketball is connected to the phone via Bluetooth. Connecting additional Bluetooth devices may cause connection delays between your ball and your phone.ProductWhat sizes does the ball come in?The ball comes in Official Size 29.5 (Size 7) and Intermediate Size 28.5 (Size 6).Does the Wilson X have any attachments?Wilson X has no attachments, making it a true game-changer. All you need to raise your game is the Wilson X Connected Basketball, the Wilson X app and a regulation hoop with a net.Will I be able to tell if there’s a sensor in the ball?Nope. Thanks to the rigorous development process, the Connected Basketball is designed to play at the same standard as any Wilson game ball.Do I need to charge my Wilson X Connected Basketball?There’s no charging necessary. The Connected Basketball comes with a non-rechargeable battery that’s good for measuring about 100,000 shots. That’s 300 connected shots a day, 5 days a week for a whole year. Think you can put up that many?How long will the battery last?The Wilson X basketball’s battery life is approximately 100,000 shots at a steady rate of shooting under normal conditions. You can check the shot counter on the stats page in your profile to see how many you’ve taken so far.How do I take care of my Wilson X basketball?The Wilson X basketball’s sensor is protected within the ball, but you should still treat it like any electronic device. Store your ball in a dry place away from excessive heat or cold.AppDo I have to download the Wilson X app?Yes, the Wilson X Basketball tracks makes and misses by connecting to the Wilson X basketball app on your phone, so you’ll need to download the app to take advantage of Make / Miss Technology™.Where do I download the app?The app is now available for download on the App Store and Google Play.How much does the app cost?It’s free. Swish.Does the Wilson X app work on both iOS and Android?It sure does. The app is now available for download on the App Store and Google Play.Can I play with the ball without the app?Yes, but to preserve the ball’s battery life, it’s recommended you only play with the ball when connected to the Wilson X app.Do I need an internet connection to use the ball?No, the Bluetooth connection on your phone is all you need to connect to your ball and track your shot. Your shooting data is stored on your phone and uploaded anytime you’re connected to the Internet or your cellular network.Will my Wilson X app use a lot of data?While the amount of data used varies by how much you play, the Wilson X app is designed to exchange minimal data between the app and the cloud. If you’d like to limit your data usage even more, you can always activate airplane mode after you’ve logged in.RegistrationWhere do I create a Wilson X user profile/account?When you open the Wilson X app, it will take you through the process to create an account and user profile. Just make sure you’re connected to the Internet to create them.How do I create a Wilson X account if I’m not 13 years old?If you’re under 13 years old, then your parent or guardian must create an account for you using their email address.What happens to my account information if I switch to a new phone or device?It stays the same. Just download the Wilson X app again and sign into your account from your new phone or device.Can a ball be used with multiple accounts?Yes. The ball can be used by different players and connected to different devices, but can only connect to one device and one account at a time.Can I sign onto my account from somebody else’s phone?Sure. As long as they have the app and are logged out of it, you can sign into your account. These shots will count towards your account’s lifetime statistics.Why do I have to create an account/user profile?Creating a user profile allows the cloud to keep track of your shooting data in real-time and back it up for recovery. It also allows tracking of your lifetime statistics and achievements.How do you use my email address?Wilson never shares your email info and will only send you tips, challenges and offers from Wilson X and other Wilson products.

Philippines Basketball Assoication 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register